We women not only spend lot of time but also money doing our makeup, and we make sure that our makeup would be strong enough to survive any situation. No rain, sweaty summer or emotional romantic movie can drain out our long lasting makeup. But, wait before you hit up all these makeup products labeled “waterproof”, you should be aware of few things first. There are few do’s and dont’s of using waterproof makeup.
Consider these facts before applying Waterproof Makeup.
DON’T Apply Waterproof Makeup Everyday
- These waterproof long-lasting makeup products are more drying than usual formulations. We all love our makeup to stay for a long time, especially in summer due to challenges of sweat and humidity. But using these waterproof products on daily basis can harm your skin and make it damn dry. So, avoid using it daily and reserve them for special occasions such as marriage or beach parties.
You may also like Natural Makeup Tips For SWEATY SUMMERS And Products To Live By
You may also like Beauty Tips! Some Simple Hacks Worth Dying FOR!
DO Use an Oil-Free lightweight Moisturizer
- People with combination or oily skin usually don’t prefer moisturizer, especially in hot weather summer. But when you are using long lasting waterproof makeup, you have to apply an oil free or light matte moisturizer. It will prevent your skin to dry.
- TIPS/SUGGESTIONS # Opt for a lightweight lotion like Decleor Aroma Purete Matt Finish Skin Fluid Day Care for Unisex or Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion. Just very thin layers well blended and smoothen into the skin so that everything in synergy with the skin and not sitting on the top and building on.
DON’T Forget to Use Primer
- As I mentioned earlier these waterproof makeup products can be heavy and drying, applying primer helps your makeup to last longer and prevents the oil from creasing up the makeup. It will act as a barrier and keep your skin hydrated.
- TIPS/SUGGESTIONS # You can use an all-in-one multitasking formula like Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator before your foundation.
DO Think Twice If You Have Sensitive Eyes or Skin
- Waterproof makeup products can irritate your eyes and skin. So, if you wear contact lens or have sensitive skin, then these products are not right for you. And if you still want to go for these products then, invest in an ultra-gentle makeup remover to prevent skin irritation.
DON’T Go For Regular Methods of Removal
- Waterproof makeup can be very difficult to take off, as these long lasting formulations are pretty much stubborn. Regular makeup removing methods will not be effective. So, the beauty industry, in turn, formulated makeup removers which are powerful enough to remove strong long wearing makeup easily from your skin without the hassle or irritation.
- TIPS/SUGGESTIONS # I love the Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips and M.A.C. Cleanse Off Oil because these two effortlessly dissolves long-wearing waterproof makeup. These are tug-free, non-irritating, and non-stinging.
Always consider these facts before using any long lasting waterproof makeup products as we don’t want to make our skin dry and damage. Try to limit the use of waterproof products and follow the above mentioned tips. Do subscribe to get more tips on makeup and beauty. Love you all!