Valentine’s day is quickly approaching and every girl wants to look absolutely stunning on this day. Whether you are celebrating it with your real love or your boyfriend, your beauty mantra needs to be strong. Valentine’s day is the perfect day to play with red and pink hues and those shimmering and glossy details. You can customize your look from romantic to dramatic, with all the different shades. Lots of fun to play with! Read the below makeup tips to get romantic, dramatic and glamorous look because you deserve to shine on this very special day. So, Here are expert’s makeup tips / suggestions on how to get Romantic Edgy look on this Valentine’s day.
Romantic Edgy Look Tutorial With Makeup Tips
- Right after basic 3 steps i.e. cleansing, exfoliating and toning apply some good moisturizer. Spread this all over your face and neck, to keep your face hydrated all day long. Moisturizer calms down irritated skin and provides intense moisturization and also helps to make your foundation look flawless.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE INTENSE SKIN FORTIFYING HYDRATOR; THE BODY SHOP ALOE SOOTHING DAY CREAM FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
- Apply the primer to the center of your face and use gentle, circular motions to blend it outwards. This will help your foundation to stay on throughout the entire night and prevents it getting patchy and cakey.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : Nyx Studio Perfect face loving primer; L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
- This is very important step as this is going to be the base of your make up. Use only waterproof and sweat proof foundation that stays for the entire day until removed with a makeup cleanser. Many girls get wrong foundations and then, end up getting messy, patchy and cakey look. Apply the foundation on face and neck with your fingers and then blend it with a brush or Beauty Blender.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : MAC Matchmaster Foundation; L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lasting Perfecting Foundation
- Use earthy tones and fresh tones of eye shadows. These tones enhance your features and make you look fresh and radiant. Start with using a champagne gold or bronze eye shadow on the lid, and blend it up till the crease line. Use a vanilla tone eye shadow on the inner corner to make the eyes looks brighter. Use a highlighter just under the brow bone, blend these EYE SHADOWS for a smooth gradation. At the corners, take shimmery black eyeshadow and buff it right into the crease to give more smokey and dramatic look.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions – Urban Decay Naked 3
- Eyeliner is actually magical. One little line can transform your makeup look in a big way, not to mention make you feel like a totally confident babe. Use a liquid or gel liner to draw a crisp liner, let this be a little thick to accentuate the eyes, wing it out on the outer edges to create a lift.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : MAC Liquidlast Eyeliner; Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner
- Curl your lashes and add lots of mascara. If you want to add more drama and glamour to eye makeup, go a notch higher than your voluminous mascara and pick up fake eyelashes.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : Konad False Eyelash- 03
- Use eye pencil on the lower rim to lift the eyes and softly smudge it with a brush.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Pencil Eyeliner; Avon Glimmer Stick Eyeliner
- Apply under the eye with your finger tips and blend it to cover your under eye dark circles. Also. dab concealer on the areas where you have any discolouration with a clean finger, brush, or sponge and gently blend out until there are no apparent lines of demarcation between the concealer and your skin or foundation.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : Mac Prolongwear Concealer; Revlon Photo Ready Concealer
- To contour your face, apply bronzer on your face. Using a sweeping motion, you’re going to imagine that you’re drawing a number 3 on your face. Bronzer should go along the hairline/upper forehead, just below the cheekbone and just below the jawline. Blending is super important, especially down the neck. Make sure everything is smoothly blended. If you feel like there’s a harsh line that you can’t get rid of, try using a little bit of translucent powder to smooth it out.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : MAC bronzing powder Matte Bronze; LAKME Absolute Sun-Kissed Bronzer
- Apply the blush to the center of the apple on one side of your face, blending the color along your cheekbone.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : MAC Blush Sunbasque (Perfect for this occasion. This is such a gorgeous rossy shimmery shade.)
- Groom your brows and fill in using a dark brown eye shadow with an angular brush. Actually, nothing is more satisfying than perfectly filled in eyebrows.
- For the final finish,Wear a bold lip colour to go with this look, red is an ultimate favourite for Valentine’s Day.
- Makeup tips and Suggestions : MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick; LORAC Pro Matte Lipstick; L’Oreal Paris Collection Star Pure Amaranthe (Gong Li) Lipstick
Try this romantic edgy look on this valentine and stay glamorous! If you like my makeup tips and suggestions, please do comment and don’t forget to subscribe for more makeup tips and tricks. Have a good day!