Applying eyeshadow sounds like the easiest part of the makeup. But, in reality it requires a technique to get a perfect eye makeup look. In order to do things well, we need practice. Some people learn by trial and error, yet some are still facing problems because of the mistakes they have been making again and again through the years. People spend a lot of money buying high-end makeup products especially on different colors and textures of eye shadow but still fail to get the perfect look. Here we have compiled 7 most common eyeshadow mistakes that we ALL make and how to correct them.
Common Eyeshadow Mistakes We all Make
Mistake #1: EyeShadows are not blended correctly
- Most of the people don’t have separate blending brush when they are doing their makeup. They use the same brush for blending with which they recently applied eye shadow. This makes the look more messy and undone. To get a smooth eye makeup look, use appropriate brushes and blend the eye shadow until it get even and polished and no harsh line left between each color.
Mistake #2: Use of Severe Color Combinations
- We women love experimenting with colors when it comes to eye makeup, but sometimes severe color combinations can make your look unflattering especially when you are trying to get a dramatic look. For example, if you want to have green smokey eye makeup, pick one tone of green that will be used for the ‘smoke’ and take the other eye shadows in neutral tones, as opposed to three different shades of green. Use a bone shadow as the base on the lid, a deep green in the crease and along the upper and lower lash lines, and a champagne shadow to highlight the brow bone. This way you can experiment with different colors and get a perfect dramatic eye makeup look.
Mistake #3: Flaking Eye Shadow
- When you start makeup, make sure you complete your eye makeup first so that you can clean up anything that falls onto your skin. Just clean the fallen eyeshadow with a cotton swab dipped in eye makeup remover and then finish your rest of the face makeup. This way you can save your task of having to re-do your foundation and concealer.
Mistake #4: Use of Foundation as an Eyeshadow Primer
- Most of the women use foundation as a base coat instead of primer. It gives a blotchy appearance to your eye shadows. Applying eyeshadow directly on plain dry eyelids is also a bad idea as eyeshadow will flake off and will not last longer. Always use a good quality eyeshadow primer as it helps your eye makeup to stay on throughout the entire day and prevents it getting patchy and cakey. The eye shadow primer also complements your skin tone and helps you have a softer eye makeup than usual.
Mistake #5: Coloring Too Much Below The Eye
- Don’t color too much below the lash line. Make sure you apply eye shadow just on your lower lash line and not below it. If you apply too much eye shadow below your eyes, it will give you exhausted look instead of dramatic one.
To make your eyes look more attractive and beautiful, avoid above mentioned 7 common eyeshadow mistakes while doing eye makeup. Stay glamorous, Stay confident!